The Mission of the GREATER PRINCETON YOUTH ORCHESTRA is to provide exciting and unique educational opportunities for many of our community’s young musicians. Through their involvement with the orchestra, gifted young musicians from across central New Jersey and Pennsylvania hone their skills as performers in a large orchestral group, as well as in chamber and quartet ensembles. They learn to work with others in pursuing common goals, and enrich all of our lives through public performances of classical music.
About the Orchestra
The GPYO is proud to be celebrating over 50 years of delighting audiences. GPYO is made up high school and middle school students from Central New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania, entrance is by competitive audition.
GPYO has performed challenging concerts and recitals at numerous local, regional and international venues.
- Carnegie Hall Issac Stern Auditorium
- Lincoln Center Avery Fisher Hall
- Princeton University’s Richardson Auditorium
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- New Jersey Governor’s Mansion Drumthwackett
- Several European Invitational Tours.